Our sense of touch, which declines as we age, encourages us to reach out to all types of objects: plant leaves, flowers, pets, silky fur, others, and ourselves.
- Encourage newborns to thrive
- Increases feelings of being rewarded
- Expands communication of our emotions
- Calms cardiac distress
- Conveys a sense of cooperation
- Alleviates pain
- Positively impacts those dealing with depression
How I add this to my life: I benefit from having a cat who likes to rub on me. I also find myself hugging more (see above) and touching to emphasize a connection within a conversation. I will also touch flowers and trees as I walk by them (and express Appreciation for their presence).