Use the other side of your brain to be artistic or musical. Move or write. Touch paper or clay. Play an instrument. Decorate a cake, make a sweater. Do tai chi. Dance in the living room. Sing in the shower. Let your subconscious or unconscious guide you.
- Enhance one’s moods, emotions, and other psychological states
- Positively impact important physiological parameters
- Heal emotional injuries
- Increase understanding of oneself and others
- Develop a capacity for self-reflection
- Reduce symptoms
- Alter behaviors and thinking patterns
How I add this to my life: I try to attend weekly/monthly meetings of several organized groups that focus on activities I love (contra-dancing and folk singing). I facilitate and participate in a creative writing group once a month at the HIV center.